Thursday, July 17, 2014

Welcome to my GVB Blog

I am a fan of the Gaither Vocal Band, and have been for many years. I was brought up on religious music, at home and at church. The Old Rugged Cross and I have been together for many years.  It was our car music, and some other songs my Mom liked. Moonlight Bay, many 1st World War songs, she knew, she lived it. My Dad was in WWI, 32nd Rainbow Division. I have his "Barracks" hat here with me know.

I was born in 1932, so I have seen much music come and go. All the good stuff from the 30's and 40's. I spent much of the 50's in the service, Navy, and living in Nevada. Johnny Mathis, Tommy Edwards, Ray Charles .... also like John Cash and some of the music genre of that day.

I like to hear music, melody, some occasional dirty ... ba, ba, ba, a la the man, George Jones.

Nothing brings me to tears, like David Phelps. When he hits those HIGH, EXTENDED notes, I am either on my feet, or with arms raised in the air. No one has moved me, like he, and the GVB has done.

Thus this site, to bring YOU their message.

I am not sure yet how it all will be presented, but you have to start somewhere, and this is it .............

No comments:

Post a Comment