Friday, July 18, 2014

Anthony Burger

A horrific waste of talent .... his passing at such a young age. at the prime of his life, I am not sure, but he either collapsed during or right after .... playing the piano, doing something he loved.

I don't know how you judge the quality of a piano player, I'm sure a piano player would know. Anthony got as much out of a piano as anyone I have heard. And, he had the talent to play any style, by an pianist.

Many people only hear the vocals, I listen for the accompaniment also, and no one did it any better, than Anthony. It was late at night, not sure what station was on the radio, midnight or so, probably more like one or two, late news, mentioned his passing. I sat straight up in bed, and  could not go back to sleep the rest of the night. I was no great fan of his, I probably was a fan of his talent and what he had overcome to get to the point where he was  in the music business. I think Baldwin named a piano after him, he had received all sorts of recognition, awards and acclaim. I shed some tears that morning, at the loss of such a great talent, and so young.


Read his bio and more on his early life to see what he overcame, and how he did it. He was truly, a miracle.

TAP ON ANY KEY TO HEAR ANTHONY

No comments:

Post a Comment