Friday, July 18, 2014

Not sure .... but possible ..

I had an Aunt, Eva Shannon, who lived in Marion, Indiana. She was an outstanding pianist and taught piano, all of her life. She used the Sherwood method, and taught many students. She performed some important recitals, and received a "Masters" signification from the Sherwood School.

Marion had an annual Easter Pageant, and she was the pianist for that.

I remember her talking of the Gaithers, not sure in what capacity. I do not know of her involvement with them but I know she had quite a collection of the records, and accompanied many groups in her area, and was heavily involved with the Anderson College, I think where Bill went to school. I think she had one or two that were autographed to her .......................

Eva has been gone for many years, so, will never know.

She was a "master" of the keyboard. "Rush Hour in Hong Kong" was one that we always requested her to play. This is no her on the keyboard, but she played in equally as well ....... Eva Leah Shannon

1 comment:

  1. I am looking for family of Eva Leah Shannon, who was my piano teacher for many years. I found this post and would like to contact this person, if there is any way. I would like to have a picture of Miss Shannon to include in my memoirs, of which she is a very important part.

    ReplyDelete